Finding application data after install - a solution?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Sep 24 09:20:01 EDT 2009

Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:51 +0100, Tim Golden wrote:
>> Wolodja Wentland wrote:
>>> Is CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA and environment variable set on all Windows
>>> flavours?

Just to clarify, now that I read your post more carefully,
there *is* an environment variable APPDATA which is the
user-specific Application Data (probably what you want).
If you need the common appdata (as in the question above),
this isn't exposed as an env var and you'll need to use
the shell API to query Windows for it.

Be warned: altho' it might appear that there is a common
pattern to these locations, they're not guaranteed, especially
in the face of i18n issues and XP->Vista changes etc.

TJG