Looger object only prints "ERROR"s

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Thu Sep 24 10:01:47 EDT 2009

daved170 wrote:
> hi everybody,
> I took your adviced and used the logging object.
> I copied the example in 16.6.15.2 - "using logging in multiple
> modules" from http://docs.activestate.com/activepython/3.1/python/library/logging.html.
>
> unfortunattly it only prints to file the ERROR level's messages and
> ignore the others. I tried to change the level with SETLEVEL but it
> didn't help.
> Any idea? thanks,
> DaveD

Diffcult to say without a bunch of code.
I would say that your FileHandler formatter has something wrong.
Please provide the code where you're adding this handler to you logger
object.
Try to change the format to "%(asctime)s - %(levelname)s - %(message)s"
for testing purpose and tell us if you still have issues.

/logging/ is the way to go, keep going :o)

Jean-Michel