Looger object only prints "ERROR"s

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Thu Sep 24 10:10:13 EDT 2009

Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
> daved170 wrote:
>> hi everybody,
>> I took your adviced and used the logging object.
>> I copied the example in 16.6.15.2 - "using logging in multiple
>> modules" from
>> http://docs.activestate.com/activepython/3.1/python/library/logging.html.
>>

>> unfortunattly it only prints to file the ERROR level's messages and
>> ignore the others. I tried to change the level with SETLEVEL but it
>> didn't help.
>> Any idea? thanks,
>> DaveD
>>
> Diffcult to say without a bunch of code.
> I would say that your FileHandler formatter has something wrong.
> Please provide the code where you're adding this handler to you logger
> object.
> Try to change the format to "%(asctime)s - %(levelname)s -
> %(message)s" for testing purpose and tell us if you still have issues.
>
> /logging/ is the way to go, keep going :o)
>
> Jean-Michel

Ignore my post, I just misread your description.
Verify you don't have filters attached to your handlers.
If you have a hierarchy of loggers, make sure their level are all
correctly set
For instance if you have a 'foo.bar' logger, you may set 'foo.bar' level
to DEBUG, logs can still be filtered by 'foo' if this logger level is
still ERROR.

JM