PExpect on Windows System Using Cygwin

Kevin Holleran kdawg44 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 15:36:35 EDT 2009

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the pexpect module and wrote a script.  All is
well and good, but the script proved to be pretty useful and now I was asked
to run it as a scheduled task up on a server to run periodically.  I was
intending on simply packaging it up with Py2Exe and moving it to the server
that way.

However, when I went to test it, I received this error....

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "script.py", line 17, in <module>
    import pexpect
  File "lib\site-packages\pexpect.py", line 85, in <module>
    support it. Pexpect is intended for UNIX-like operating systems.""")
ImportError: No module named resource

A critical module was not found. Probably this operating system does not
support it. Pexpect is intended for UNIX-like operating systems.

So now I realize that when I was testing on my system, I run cygwin and so
everything worked fine....

Is there a .dll that I can copy with it or anything so that it works without
having to install cygwin on the server that will be hosting this scheduled
task?

Thanks for any help.

Kevin