super() and multiple inheritance failure

Daniel Stutzbach daniel at stutzbachenterprises.com
Sat Sep 26 00:27:45 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Steven D'Aprano <
steve at remove-this-cybersource.com.au> wrote:

> I don't understand why I'm getting the following behaviour when using
> super() with multiple inheritance. The following is a minimal example
> demonstrating the behaviour.

super() does not have the behavior that I would have expected, either, and
IMO the documentation is unenlightening.

I found the following website helpful in understanding what super()
*actually* does (though I do not support the author's hyperbolic
criticisms):
http://fuhm.net/super-harmful/

--
Daniel Stutzbach, Ph.D.