Finding application data after install - a solution?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at
Sat Sep 26 05:00:19 CEST 2009

En Fri, 25 Sep 2009 06:53:18 -0300, Wolodja Wentland
<wentland at> escribió:

> How do you you *install* this file within /etc ? Do users have to copy
> it themselves into /etc from DATA_DIR/foo/etc/fooapplication.conf.sample
> ?

Nothing fancy here:

        ('/etc/foo.conf', ['foo.conf.sample']),

If --install-data is used, one has to edit the /etc/foo.conf file by hand.
I understand you want this step to be automatic, and I admit it would be
great, but none of my users complained until now (not that there are so

Gabriel Genellina