unexplainable python

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Sun Sep 27 11:12:11 EDT 2009

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 23:31:25 -0700
John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> wrote:
> dads wrote:
> > Sorry forgot to mention I'm using python 2.6
>
>     This looks like a homework assignment.

So what?  He supplied code and showed what he tried so far didn't he?
I suppose he could have said that it was homework but maybe it was a
self assigned problem to learn Python.  I thought that he was doing
exactly what everyone suggested to do when they had problems with an
assignment except, maybe, telling us it was homework if it actually was.

And the answers were spot on too.  Most of the help was things like
"don't use classes" and "why call _4digit."  No one handed him a
complete answer on a silver platter.  They made him think about it.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves