Things to know about super (was: super() and multiple inheritance failure)

Dieter Maurer dieter at
Mon Sep 28 08:25:35 CEST 2009

Michele Simionato <michele.simionato at> writes on Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:58:32 -0700 (PDT):
>You know that in an ideal world I would just
> throw
> away multiple inheritance, it is just not worth the complication.

I am a fan of multiple inheritance: it lets the compliler/language runtime
do stupid tasks (implementing delegations), I would otherwise have to do
explicitely. True, there may be complications - but often, they can be