Most "active" coroutine library project?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Sep 28 10:44:48 EDT 2009

On 2009-09-28, Hendrik van Rooyen <hendrik at microcorp.co.za> wrote:
> On Saturday, 26 September 2009 16:55:30 Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2009-09-26, Dave Angel <davea at ieee.org> wrote:
>> > Actually even 64k looked pretty good, compared to the 1.5k of
>> > RAM and 2k of PROM for one of my projects, a navigation system
>> > for shipboard use.
>>
>> I've worked on projects as recently as the past year that had
>> only a couple hundred bytes of RAM, and most of it was reserved
>> for a message buffer.
>
> There is little reason to do that nowadays - one can buy a
> single cycle 8032 running at 30 MHz with 16/32/64k of
> programming flash and ik of RAM, as well as some bytes of
> eeprom for around US$10-00.  - in one off quantities.

$10 is pretty expensive for a lot of applications.  I bet that
processor also uses a lot of power and takes up a lot of board
space. If you've only got $2-$3 in the money budget, 200uA at
1.8V in the power budget, and 6mm X 6mm of board-space, your
choices are limited.

Besides If you can get by with 256 or 512 bytes of RAM, why pay
4X the price for a 1K part?

Besides which, the 8032 instruction set and development tools
are icky compared to something like an MSP430 or an AVR. ;)

[The 8032 is still head and shoulders above the 8-bit PIC
family.]

--
Grant