variable scope

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Tue Sep 29 06:11:14 EDT 2009

Mark Dickinson a écrit :
> On Sep 28, 9:37 am, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
> 42.desthuilli... at websiteburo.invalid> wrote:
>> Joel Juvenal Rivera Rivera a écrit :
>>

>>> Yeah i forgot the self an try the code then i see
>>> an error that it was not defines _uno__a so that's
>>> where i define the global and see that behavior.
>> (snip)
>> Looks like a bug to me. I Think you should fill a ticket...
>
> I don't think it's a bug.  Unless I'm missing something,
> it's the 'names in class scope are not accessible' gotcha,

I would of course expect the class level name "__a" to be unreachable
from within __init__. What puzzle me is that local name "__a" (*not*
self.__a)   in the __init__ resolves to the module level name "_uno__a".

> The double underscores and name mangling are a red herring:

I beg to disagree. The problem (well... what I think is a problem,
actually) IS that name mangling is applied to a method *local* variable.