variable scope

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Tue Sep 29 17:30:26 EDT 2009

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>>> (snip)
>>> <snip>
> I beg to disagree. The problem (well... what I think is a problem,
> actually) IS that name mangling is applied to a method *local* variable.

It is not a local variable, because there's no assignment within that
same method.  That decision happens at compile time of the definition.
Once it's not a local, then it needs to get mangled, per the rules for
double-underscore.

Try adding a __a = 49   before or after the line in question.  Either
one will change the behavior (and/or the error message) to indicate that
it's a local.

DaveA