SVG PIL decoder

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:00:03 EDT 2009

On Thursday 01 October 2009 01:08:28 Patrick Sabin wrote:
> Thanks for the tip. Got it work, although it was a bit tricky, as
> resizing doesn't seem to be supported by python-rsvg and
> cairo.ImageSurface.create_from_png doesn't allow StringIO or
My best suggestions are to visit the Cairo website -- inside there somewhere
is a recipe page with many samples in Python.

Next would be  http://www.tortall.net/mu/wiki/CairoTutorial.

Third is a tutorial I made (perhaps less useful) on my site
http://otherwise.relics.co.za/wiki/Tuts/Python/Cairo/ links at bottom of that
page

Lastly is my animation API (in sig)which is also Python and may help you with
the source.

The general idea for scaling is to use matrices (cairo provides all commands)
and then output the surface to a file-like object.

My animation API brings selected snippets of SVG in from an Inkscape file
(tagged by id), animates them by tweening and can output each frame to another
SVG or to a PNG.

HTH,
\d
--