Why does this group have so much spam?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Wed Sep 2 15:47:13 EDT 2009

On 2009-09-02, Emile van Sebille <emile at fenx.com> wrote:
> On 9/2/2009 7:07 AM Unknown said...
>> A spam/malware merchange who can't afford/arrange other
>> internet access?  How is net access on the critical path?
>
> Mailbots (a significant source of spam IMHO) thrive on net access -- for
> them, is there anything _more_ critical?

A mailbot which would otherwise not have network access is
going to come park itself outside my house if I leave my AP
open?

There are open APs at all sorts of libraries, coffee houses,
restaurants, auto dealers, book stores, etc, etc. I don't see
how net access is an issue for somebody who wants to send spam.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Now I am depressed ...
                                  at