Comparison of parsers in python?

Nobody nobody at nowhere.com
Mon Sep 21 10:59:49 EDT 2009

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 13:21:58 -0700, Peng Yu wrote:

> I did a google search and found various parser in python that can be
> used to parse different files in various situation. I don't see a page
> that summarizes and compares all the available parsers in python, from
> simple and easy-to-use ones to complex and powerful ones.
>
> I am wondering if somebody could list all the available parsers and
> compare them.

I have a similar question.

What I want: a tokeniser generator which can take a lex-style grammar (not
necessarily lex syntax, but a set of token specifications defined by
REs, BNF, or whatever), generate a DFA, then run the DFA on sequences of
bytes. It must allow the syntax to be defined at run-time.

What I don't want: anything written by someone who doesn't understand the
field (i.e. anything which doesn't use a DFA).