fcntl, serial ports and serial signals on RS232.

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Apr 8 12:19:26 EDT 2010

On 2010-04-08, Anssi Saari <as at sci.fi> wrote:

> It seems to me also that RTS is always on after the port has been
> opened. I didn't dig out my voltmeter or anything to check this,
> though.

IIRC, that's generally true: RTS and DTR are both set to "on" by the
tty layer's open() handler _if_ the device's useage count was 0.  If
you open an already open port, then the RTS and DTR lines are left
alone.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Someone in DAYTON,
                                  at               Ohio is selling USED