Python question

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Apr 9 14:45:27 EDT 2010

En Fri, 09 Apr 2010 14:14:34 -0300, Binary
<nospam at news.eternal-september.org> escribió:

> How much space approximately is required to install the following packs
> on Windows XP?
>
> pycairo-1.4.12-2.win32-py2.6.exe
> python-2.6.1.msi
> pygobject-2.14.2-2.win32-py2.6.exe
> pygtk-2.12.1-3.win32-py2.6.exe
> pywin32-213.win32-py2.6.exe
> gtk-2.12.9-win32-2.exe

You might estimate it by the size of those files; use a factor of 2 or 3
due to compression.

> Does all this packs requires installation,

python and gtx must be installed as any other Windows program, and
probably require administrator rights. I don't know all of the remaining
files, but they look like Python packages; the installer typically drop
some files into c:\python26\lib\site-packages and register something.

> or it's possible just extract and place them in to C: drive, then to set
> environment variables properly?
> Does this packs installs dynamic libraries and writes to registry?

Python and Gtk, yes. The other packages, maybe not.

--
Gabriel Genellina