Striving for PEP-8 compliance

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Sat Apr 10 09:28:34 EDT 2010

On 2010-04-10, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <hpokef$gvg$1 at reader1.panix.com>, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> On 2010-04-10, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand>
>> wrote:

>>> Would you prefer ???begin??? and ???end??? word symbols, then?
>>
>> Nope, I categorize those as nothing more than verbose "braces".
>
> But since those symbols already, by definition, directly correspond to
> program logic, where exactly does the ?big problem? arise trying to make
> sure they are ?consistent with the program logic??

The same goes for indentation.  In python it's not possible to write a
program to correctly indent code that isn't alaready correctly indented.

In a brace delimited language it's not possible to write a program to
correctly place braces in an "incorrectly braced" program.

In either: if it is already correct, it's trivial to transform it into
another correct program with a different "style".