2.7 beta 1

Sun Apr 11 12:53:08 EDT 2010

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 21:08:44 -0700, Mensanator wrote:

>> > 3.x won't be adopted by developers until it's fixed. As of now, it's
>> > seriously broken and unsuitable for production.
>>
>> In what ways do you consider it broken?
>
> Issue 8093. Remarkably, this apparently hasn't been noticed before.

I think that tells you that it's an unimportant bug that doesn't really
effect many people much, and a million miles from implying that Python
3.x is "seriously broken and unsuitable for production".

> I expect 2.7 will be around for a long time.

As reported on the bug tracker, this bug effects Python 2.7 as well. It's
possible this bug goes back to, what? Python 2.5? 2.4? 2.3? Older? Who
knows?

http://bugs.python.org/issue8093#msg102818

In any case, IDLE is one IDE out of many, and not really up to
professional quality -- it's clunky and ugly. It isn't Python, it is a
tool written in Python.

--
Steven