[Edu-sig] [ANNC] pynguin-0.7 (python turtle graphics application)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 22:58:21 EDT 2010

2010/4/11 Lee Harr <missive at hotmail.com>:

> Pynguin is a python-based turtle graphics application.
>     It combines an editor, interactive interpreter, and
>     graphics display area.
>
> It is meant to be an easy environment for introducing
>     some programming concepts to beginning programmers.
>

> http://pynguin.googlecode.com/

Lee, are you familiar with the Turtle Art activity in Sugar for the
OLPC XO, also written in Python? It provides blocks for integrating
Python code. You might want to talk to Walter Bender of Sugar Labs
about his plans for expanding TA, some of which match yours.

I have been thinking about how to integrate all of this into a
curriculum where we would apply turtle graphics to many subjects
starting in first grade or perhaps earlier, and later teach
programming and Computer Science within this environment rather than
purely as text.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/