2.7 beta 1

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 01:02:06 EDT 2010

On Apr 11, 11:33 pm, Lie Ryan <lie.1... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/12/10 04:54, Mensanator wrote:
>
> > On Apr 11, 11:53 am, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
> > cybersource.com.au> wrote:

> >> I think that tells you that it's an unimportant bug that doesn't really
> >> effect many people much,
>
> > It affects  me ... a LOT.
>
> One way to fix it, dump tkinter and IDLE.

Of course, that doesn't fix the problem, does it?

You think the right thing to do is just quietly work
around the problem and sit back and laugh knowing sooner
or later someone else will get burned by it?

And here I thought I was making a contribution by discovering
something that no one else noticed.

> C/C++ is not broken since they do not ship with an ugly GUI library or
> half-assed IDE called IDLE.

Why do you guys think I'm talking about the language? I'm talking
about
a particular implementation.

> Why should python ship with them?
>
> On a second thought, let me think about it again.

Yeah, you certainly don't want to get yelled at by Mr. D'Aprano.