msvcr90.dll is MIA?

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:49:50 EDT 2010

On 4/14/10, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de> wrote:
> On 14.04.2010 14:25, Alex Hall wrote:
>> I notice that I do not have the dll when py2exe says it cannot locate
>> the dll. If I need vs2008, then what good is vcredist_xxx.exe? It does
>> not seem to give me the dll, but the py2exe tutorial says that it
>> will. What am I missing?
>
> Do you have the correct vcredist for VS 2008?
I ran the redist exe from Microsoft that said it was for c++ 2008, from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en
I still cannot find the dll I need! Again, I have 32-bit python2.6 on
win7x64, so I got the _x86 version of the redist file. I have also
tried running the x64 version of the file, just to see if it would
help, but I still have no dll. I installed vs2005, but apparently I
need vs2008, which I cannot find.

> --

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)