missing dll follow-up

Jonathan Hartley tartley at tartley.com
Thu Apr 15 07:30:26 EDT 2010

On Apr 15, 12:11 pm, Jonathan Hartley <tart... at tartley.com> wrote:
> The installer puts the DLL in the directory C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS
> (or at least it does for me, on WinXP) I shall update the py2exe
> tutorial page to reflect this.

Done. Final para of section 5.2.2 now reads:
"""
The installer puts a copy of the DLLs in the directory C:\WINDOWS
\WinSxS (XP), inside subdirectories with mangled names. The manifest
file is in the 'Manifests' subdirectory, again this will have a
mangled filename. You can still discern the text 'Microsoft.VC90.CRT'
and '9.0.21022.8' within the mangled file and directory names, to find
the files. It is possible to take a copy of these files and remove the
filename mangling, to embed them in your application as described in
5.2.1.
"""
Where section 5.2.1 begins, as it always has:
"""
If you do have the rights to redistribute MSVCR90.dll, there should be
a copy of it in your Visual Studio install, under VC\redist
\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT...
"""

http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial#Step522