py2exe saga continues...

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 20:52:03 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I started a new thread as I already have several out there, all
talking about basically the same thing. After re-visiting a
StackOverflow post, thanks to the person who gave me that link, I
tossed msvcp90.dll and msvcr90.dll (I use wx) into c:\python26\dlls
and it now compiles! I think I kept thinking that all I needed was to
have the dll files in *my own program folder*. I now have an exe file
which, after doing more globbing of a configuration file and some
other dlls I need, does exactly what I wanted it to do. I now have a
couple questions so I can fine-tune this:
1. Is there a way to start with no command line window popping up? My
main script is a pyw, but it still shows a dos window when the
generated .exe file is clicked. Leaving out the "console" parameter of
setup, though, results in no .exe file at all, so I had to put it
back. I want what I have heard called a "silent startup", where the
program starts but it does not pop up anything. My users will know
because I will speak a message, but I want to dump the dos window.

2. Is there a way to put the exe in a higher-level dir, then put all
the pyd, dll, zip, and other files into a subdirectory so the .exe is
not mixed in with all these files that most users will not care about?
Thank you for all your help over the last few days!!

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)