Updated License Term Agreement for VC Redistributable in VS 2008 SP1

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 13:45:29 EDT 2010

On 04/17/10 03:40, python at bdurham.com wrote:
> Lie,
>
>> Does it makes sense to be able to install a library in other's computer, but not redistribute it? Hmm... I'll have to consult a lawyer.
>
> See Tim Robert's response (I can't remember which Python mailing list)

I was responding to Alex Hall's comment (and your subsequent reply)

"""
python at bdurham.com wrote:
> Alex Hall wrote:
>> I do not see anything about redistribution, only
>> installation, unless I am missing something?
> I read "installation" to mean the same as "redistribution" in the
> context of this article. Perhaps I'm wrong?
"""

it appears to me *if* someone had written an EULA that allows
installation on other machine but not redistributing it, they must be
fairly insane (in this case, Microsoft isn't insane enough to write such
EULA for their VC).