installing debug symbols

sanam singh sanamsingh at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 08:46:25 EDT 2010

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. well the problem is that for gfb you need a python interpreter with debugging symbols, but unfortunately as i am using ubuntu9.10 it has python2.6 without debugging symbols. now there are two ways out of it.first is that if we could add debug symbols to pre installed pyhon2.6.Second is that i have installed python3.1 with debugging symbols but it has been installed in usr/local/bin opposed to usr/bin where python2.6 is installed. now can we somehow tell ubuntu to use python3.1 instead of python2.6?
Thirdly, when i type "python" in command shell python2.6 opens.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Sanam