Japanese (speaking) developer needed for a bit of regex magic

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Apr 21 00:52:12 EDT 2010

Sebastian <basti at redtoad.de> writes:

> All locales return error messages in English. Only the Japanese uses
> Japanese which my regular expressions cannot handle at the moment.

What exactly are you expecting to happen, and what exactly happens
instead?

General advice with character sets in Python apply: always explicitly
declare the encoding of input, then decode to Unicode interally as early
as possible, and process all text that way. Only fix into an encoding
when it's time to output.

--
 \      “I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. |
  `\     But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take |