Write web apps in Python?

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Wed Apr 21 06:06:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 2:33 AM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 10:28 +0200, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>> Bryan a écrit :
>> >
>> > I think I see what you mean
>>
>> Err...
>>
>> > -- correct me if I'm wrong:
>>
>> You are, sorry !-)
>>
>> > You want to
>> > keep complex application data structures around between requests.
>>
>> Nope. I want to keep all my settings parsed,
>
> Store them in the session.

I don't think that makes sense. You still have to re-parse the
settings upon starting each new session to store it in the session in
the first place.
Even then, you're suggesting needlessly keeping separate copies of the
settings data for each session, going from O(1) to O(N) in space;
that's rather wasteful.

Cheers,
Chris
--