Download Proprietary Microsoft Products Now

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Apr 22 01:53:14 EDT 2010

>> ... or because Mingw32 doesn't provide the header files (in particular
>> wrt. C++), or because linking with a library is necessary that uses the
>> MSVC mangling, not the g++ one (again, for C++).
>
> Again, that would be code that’s not portable off Windows.

Probably (although it *is* possible to write code that compiles on
Windows only with MSVC, and compiles fine on Unix with gcc).

However, I wonder what you are trying to imply: that the code is useless
if its not portable? That would be wrong: the code may well be very
useful, and enjoy great popularity, even if it runs on Windows only.

Regards,
Martin