Tkinter question

Rotwang sg552 at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 11:55:32 EDT 2010

James Mills wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Rotwang <sg552 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>

>>From reading the documentation myself (pydoc)...
>
> It would seem your only option is to make a thread
> out of this (not my preferred way - I was hoping it was
> possible to poll the Tk event system...).

Thanks, I don't know anything about threading at the moment but I'll
look into it.

BTW, another problem: whenever I call a widget.quit() method, the widget
in question crashes. IDLE carries on working but the widget window stays
there, not responding, and if I tell my OS to kill it then IDLE
restarts. Is this a bug? I'm using Windows 7 and Python 2.6.4.