py2exe breaking wxPython?

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 20:53:13 EDT 2010

Hello all,
I have a compiled version of my project, but the wx functions do not
work. When run from the python source, instead of the compiled .exe
file, wx works as expected. I am including msvcr90.dll in the dist
folder. I looked for answers on Google, but I could not really follow
the tutorials and forums I found. Is there a simple fix for this? BTW,
I am still using py2exe and python2.6. Here is the traceback I get
when using the .exe version of the project and calling a wx operation:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sw.pyw", line 217, in <module>
  File "dict.pyc", line 73, in showLookupDialog
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7978, in __init__
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7552, in _BootstrapApp
  File "dict.pyc", line 26, in OnInit
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Bind'

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)