Python 2.X vs. 3.X - level of acceptance?

Stephan Schulz schulz at sunbroy2.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Apr 27 06:57:27 EDT 2010

Hi!

I've been using Python for a long while (certainly since it was 1.X),
and I've taught some aspects of it in my lectures. I'm now thinking of
preparing a new lecture where some of the theoretical concepts will be
illustrated by implementations of e.g. automata and DPLL provers,
preferably in Python.

I'm so far only familiar with Python 2.X. Is Python 3 sucessful enough
to make a switch worthwhile now? Or will students still face an
infrastructure with mostly Python 2.X deployed in, say, 2 years time,
when they graduate?

Bye,

    Stephan

--