off topic but please forgive me me and answer

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 21:29:40 EDT 2010

On Apr 2, 7:32 pm, Patrick Maupin <pmau... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 2, 6:50 pm, Mensanator <mensana... at aol.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 2, 2:34 pm, Patrick Maupin <pmau... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Methinks the OP is fluent in the way of choosing newsgroups.
> > > According to google, he has posted 6855 messages in 213 groups.
>
> > Does that really mean anything? Hell, I have 12765 messages
> > posted to 332 groups, but I only use 10 regularly.
>
> Well, I have been very wrong in my assumptions before, but yes, I do
> assume it means something:

Yes, you are, in fact, all wet.

> - I assume that the OP knows of the existence of more than one
> newsgroup.

"More than one", that's fair. 213, unlikely.

> - I assume the OP knows how to locate different newsgroups, either via
> search or some directory like yahoo, and is able to think about which
> one he wants to post to and why.

And most of those probably involved no thought at all, probably
due to cross-posting from a relatively small number of sources
(certainly in my case). So, no, this stat proves nothing about
the OP's ability to find newsgroups or think about their
appropriateness.

> - I assume that he is comfortable with the process of posting.  In
> fact, looking at the stats, about half as comfortable as mensanator,
> and over 18 times as comfortable as me ;-)

Well, _I've_ been here on Usenet for 10 years. But despite the stats,
I know little about most to the groups I've "posted to".

> Of course, I could be all wet in my assumptions, and it may just be
> that the OP has a cat constantly walking back and forth across his
> keyboard...

Don't you know how Usenet works?