In disGuiodoise?

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 19:05:37 EDT 2010

On Apr 4, 11:14 am, "Alf P. Steinbach" <al... at start.no> wrote:

> Perhaps Guido provides subtle guidance under some unrecognized nick?
> "He walks among you, and you don't recognize him" - Old jungle proverb

Ah yes i have often wondered who could it be? I have a few good
suspects who could be Guido's sock-puppets. Although i don't know
Guido's personality enough to pick him out of the crowd. If it were
you i would be happy! Some of the other suspects are quite annoying,
but their knowledge level and self righteousness seem to be so
overwhelming. So finding out that they are Guido would be a
disappointment. But again i don't know Guido so it would be hard for
me to say...?

""" The White Wizard is cunning. He walks here and there they say, as
an old man, hooded and cloaked... And everywhere his spies slip past
our nets!"""

However i have also considered that maybe *all* the "well knowns" are
in fact the many colorful personalities of Guido.

* When he's in the mood for fire breathing debate and cunning
undermining he fires up the SD'A account.
* When he's feeling vindictive he drops one-line poop bombs from
Alex23.
* if someone announces a new module without documenting it he fires
off troll feeds from mensenator.
* When he's feeling nice he uses Chris Rebert.
* If he feeling like spreading propaganda he fires up the George
Sakkis or Bruno Desthuilliers.
* If he wants to feel stately he masquerades as Steve Holden (although
lately we've seen the grumpy side of this personality).
* And last but not least when he feels like trolling on a grandiose
scale he posts to c.l.lisp, c.p.ruby, and c.l.python, and five other
sites as xah lee.

Heck i may be the only non-Guido "regular" here! ;-)

PS: Sorry if i left anyone out.