python as pen and paper substitute

Manuel Graune manuel.graune at koeln.de
Sat Apr 10 10:06:34 EDT 2010

Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> writes:

> Did you look at the link to Owen Taylor's reinteract program?  I think
> it's closer to what you want than any other thing mentioned here, with
> the exception that it's a standalone GTK (graphical) app.

Yes, I did. And I think this program is a great lightweight alernative
to sage,  which was mentioned in another post and would probably be
my preferred environment if I had complete freedom to set up my working
environment and would not need to exchange  data with others or explain
how someone else is supposed to reuse my code/results in two years time.

Things being as they are, I am looking for a solution which works with
as few additional components  as possible, so that a solution based on
 a simple copy-and-paste class or decorator is preferable.

Regards,

Manuel

--
A hundred men did the rational thing. The sum of those rational choices was
called panic. Neal Stephenson -- System of the world