2.7 beta 1

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Mon Apr 12 02:16:06 EDT 2010

On 04/12/10 06:57, Mensanator wrote:
> On Apr 11, 6:08 pm, Steven D'Aprano<st... at REMOVE-THIS-
> cybersource.com.au>  wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 11:54:04 -0700, Mensanator wrote:
<cut>
>>> Maybe because I'm a user, not a developer.
>>
>> You write code. You use an Integrated DEVELOPMENT Environment. That makes
>> you a developer.
>
> Being a little pedantic here, aren't we? Would it help if I said
> "professional"
> developer? After all, just because I dabble in Collatz Conjecture
> research as
> a hobby, it doesn't give me the right to go around calling myself a
> mathematician.

<cut>
<really pedantic state='on'>
Well professional in IT context often just means that you do it for a
living, doesn't necessarly say you are any good in what you are doing.
I am especially wary to certified professionals by biased 'institutes'
like Cisco and Microsoft. </really pedantic>

--
mph