2.7 beta 1

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 04:51:26 EDT 2010

Mensanator <mensana... at aol.com> wrote:
> You think the right thing to do is just quietly work
> around the problem and sit back and laugh knowing sooner
> or later someone else will get burned by it?

Haven't we covered argument from fallacy enough in this group by now?

Reporting the bug was exactly the right thing to do. Loudly
pronouncing the impending demise of 3.x because of it was not. Coming
up with exaggerated parodies of arguments that no one here is actually
making is even worse.

> Why do you guys think I'm talking about the language? I'm talking
> about a particular implementation.

Probably because _you_ made no such restriction with your blanket
statement of "3.x won't be adopted by developers until it's fixed". If
only "under Windows", "probably" and "IDLE" had been injected into it,
I don't think there would have been a word of disagreement.