msvcr90.dll is MIA?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 14 06:27:45 EDT 2010

En Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:07:48 -0300, Alex Hall <mehgcap at gmail.com> escribió:

> For testing purposes, and because I am not yet distributing my
> application (which, thanks to you all, is now running perfectly!), I
> am going to just bundle msvcr90.dll. However, I cannot find it! I ran
> vcredist_x86.exe (I have a 64-bit version of win7, but all I have is
> the x86 version of the program - is that a problem?). A search for
> msvcr90.dll and just vcr90.dll returns 0 results. Where did it put my
> msvcr90.dll file? I thought the point was to give me the dll? Thanks.

You need the same architecture and version as used by Python itself. A
32-bit executable (Python, or your compiled program) requires a 32-bit
dll, a 64-bit executable requires a 64-bit dll (and this one comes from a
different redistributable package, vcredist_x64.exe).
You may install the 32-bit dlls on a 64-bit Windows, but only 32-bit
programs will be able to use it.

--
Gabriel Genellina