msvcr90.dll is MIA?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed Apr 14 08:14:53 EDT 2010

On 14.04.2010 13:22, Alex Hall wrote:
> I tried both vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe, with no result; I
> still do not have the required dll (I have 32-bit python, so the _x86
> should have done the trick). I will try another poster's suggestion of
> installing vcpp express 2005 and hope that will work...

How do you notice that you don't have the required DLL? The DLLs aren't
copied into system32. The new location is the side by side assembly
directory WinSxS. You need adminstration privileges to install SxS
assemblies.

By the way VC Express 2005 is the wrong version. Python 2.6 and newer
are compiled with VS 2008.

Christian