Hi, Everyone: what's the most popular xml parser module on python?

Jo Chan csjcg2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 09:56:24 EDT 2010

I want to say I just have to deal with some regular text input (the input
file is as XML format) so I need to read all the nodes out and get what they
are.

Thanks for your great help though. I should have made my point clearer. :)

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:

> Jo Chan, 15.04.2010 10:52:
> > I just want to get the content from a XML.
>
> That's not a very specific description of what you want to do. What's "the
> content"? The plain text content? Or do you care about the structure? And
> what parts of the structure?
>

> > I learn that there are two
> > modules in python handling XML.(SAX and DOM)  Er, I just want to know if
> > there is some open source tools for handling XML which is easier to use
> or
> > has more powerful function.
>
> Try xml.etree.ElementTree, it's certainly much easier to use than the two
> above, and it's also in the stdlib. If you need more powerful features,
> take a look at lxml.etree, which is a (mostly) compatible external package.
>

> > By the way, besides<Diving into python>  is there any great book for
> > learning python?
>
> That has been answered many times on this list. Check the archives, or look
> through the book references at http://wiki.python.org
>
> Stefan
>
> --

Best Regards

陈松坚
信息科学与技术学院 中山大学 广州大学城 510006
Chen Songjian
School of Information Science & Technology
Sun Yat-sen(Zhongshan) University, Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center,
China, 510006
Mobile: +86-137-6069-6137
Email:  csjcg2 at gmail.com