Usable street address parser in Python?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Apr 20 09:41:56 EDT 2010

On 2010-04-20, Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:

> This is a very tricky problem.  Consider Salem, Oregon, which puts the
> direction after the street:
>
>     3340 Astoria Way NE
>     Salem, OR 97303

In Minneapolis, the direction comes before the street in some
quadrants and after it in others.  I used to live on W 43rd Street.
Now I live on 24th Ave NE.  And just to be more inconsistent, only the
"NE" section uses two directions, everywhere else it's just W, S, N,
or E.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Is it NOUVELLE
                                  at               CUISINE when 3 olives are