Write web apps in Python?

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Wed Apr 21 05:40:28 EDT 2010

Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid> writes:
> Nope. I want to keep all my settings parsed, my librairies loaded, all
> my connections opened etc. That is, all the time consuming stuff at
> app startup - which, with PHP, mostly happens for each and every
> request.

I thought we have WSGI for this?  Nothing stops a Python app from
working like PHP.  PHP has an advantage when you want to run mutually
hostile apps in the same process (relevant if you're running ultra-cheap
shared hosting and you want to put 1000 customers' virtual hosts in the
same mod_php instance), but I don't think you're looking to do that.