Hi, friends. I wanna ask if there is a function which is able to take a list as argument and then return its top-k maximums?

Jo Chan csjcg2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:10:41 EDT 2010

Yeah... but actually I need something more efficient, like heap.
Thank you for your help though.

Best regards,

Songjian

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:

> On 22/04/2010 14:57, Jo Chan wrote:
> > Hi,friends.
> >
> >   I wanna ask if there is a function which is able to take a list as
> argument
> > and then return its top-k maximums?
> > I only know about max which is poorly a top-1 maximum function, now I
> want
> > more yet I am lazy enough that don't want to write one by myself.
> >
> > So please tell me if there is one or not. I really need this soon.
> > Appreciate a lot.
>
> Assuming top-k doesn't mean something obscurely statistical:
>
> l = [1,2, 3, 4, 5]
> k = 3
> print (sorted (l, reverse=True)[:k])
>
> TJG
> --

Best Regards

陈松坚
信息科学与技术学院 中山大学 广州大学城 510006
Chen Songjian
School of Information Science & Technology
Sun Yat-sen(Zhongshan) University, Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center,
China, 510006
Mobile: +86-137-6069-6137
Email:  csjcg2 at gmail.com