py2exe breaking wxPython?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Sat Apr 24 21:56:06 EDT 2010

Alex Hall <mehgcap at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
> I have a compiled version of my project, but the wx functions do not
> work. When run from the python source, instead of the compiled .exe
> file, wx works as expected. I am including msvcr90.dll in the dist
> folder. I looked for answers on Google, but I could not really follow
> the tutorials and forums I found. Is there a simple fix for this? BTW,
> I am still using py2exe and python2.6. Here is the traceback I get
> when using the .exe version of the project and calling a wx operation:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "sw.pyw", line 217, in <module>
>   File "dict.pyc", line 73, in showLookupDialog
>   File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7978, in __init__
>   File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7552, in _BootstrapApp
>   File "dict.pyc", line 26, in OnInit
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Bind'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "sw.pyw", line 217, in <module>
>   File "dict.pyc", line 73, in showLookupDialog
>   File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7978, in __init__
>   File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7552, in _BootstrapApp
>   File "dict.pyc", line 26, in OnInit
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Bind'

I use wx with Perl, and use a packager and know that for Perl you have
to include additional dlls to make wx work (there is a module that
nicely handles that for you, which I am use). In short just the ms dll
is not enough as far as I know.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/