Why is there no platform independent way of clearing a terminal?

Tim Harig usernet at ilthio.net
Sun Aug 1 01:17:50 EDT 2010

On 2010-08-01, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <i2q3sk$3pf$1 at speranza.aioe.org>, Tim Harig wrote:
>
>> It would be rewarding as it would make writing cross-platform charactor
>> mode applications possible.
>
> I thought Windows users were allergic to command lines.

To the best of my knowledge, there have never been any documentated
cases of computer software related alleries.  There are however several
chemicals used in the process of constructing computer hardware componets
which have been linked to allergy illnesses.  Maybe Windows users are
simply allergic to their computers.