Trying to set a cookie within a python script

Thomas Jollans thomas at jollans.com
Mon Aug 2 16:57:15 EDT 2010

On 08/02/2010 10:13 PM, Νίκος wrote:
> Hello, any ideas?!

That's no way to treat a friendly volunteer mailing list like this one!

On 08/02/2010 02:32 PM, Νίκος wrote:
> As for the encoding Notepad++, which is what i use for an editor say
> its UTF-8 without BOM.
>
> Isn't this what i'm supposed to use?
>
> My Python scripts only containes english and greek letters, so i
> though usign UTF-8 is the way to go. No?! Please if you explain to me
> in greater detail!

As I said, you have to tell the browser what you're up to.

Also, I just checked the link (shame on me), and you're not using UTF-8
at all. You're using some weird Windows-xyz or ISO-8859-xyz Greek
codepage from the previous millennium. (which obviously my browser
didn't know, it thought you were using ISO-8859-1, because that's what
my browser does, which you weren't)

So: tripple-check that

 * your file is <insert encoding here (aka UTF-8)>
 * Python knows that
 * the web browser knows that