Why is python not written in C++ ?

Peter peter.milliken at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 17:56:22 EDT 2010

On Aug 3, 7:42 am, Mark Lawrence <breamore... at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 02/08/2010 00:08, candide wrote:
<snip>

> I can't understand why any serious programmer mentions C++. As soon as I
> read it, I have to rush either to the kitchen to find a bowl to throw up
> in, or head for the toilet so I can talk to the great white telephone.
>
> Kindest regards.
>
> Mark Lawrence.

With you there Mark - IMO C++ is an abortion that should never have
seen the light of day. The idea of experimenting with creating an OO
language by extending C wasn't such a bad idea for a "play thing" (by
Stroustrop) but the fact that it somehow escaped from the Lab and
people picked it up and ran with it on a commercial basis is just
plain wrong!

Personally I liken it to one of those genetically engineered diseases
they play around with in biological warfare labs - and unfortunately
this one escaped! It has probably set the computing industry back
untold years in terms of advancement...

Unfortunately I am forced to use it in my day to day life, but at the
end of every day I go home and use a purgative to get it out of my
system. But there are many deluded youngsters out there who just don't
seem to know any better, but then the signs of the breakdown of
society surround us on a daily basis and I guess C++ is just another
signpost on the way...

Peter