calling a class method from a menu in a different class

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 23:31:20 EDT 2010

Chris,

It looks as if you are calling a class object and not an instance
object. However i cannot be for sure because you are using improper
Python style. All classes should be capwords. But here again you have
used camelcase for the class identifiers "radarWidgets" and
"mainDisplay", which is bad bad bad!!

You been asking multiple questions about this code for the last couple
of days (and thats fine). However, maybe you would do everyone a favor
by posting the entire code so we can offer suggestions. Just seeing
seeing a snipit here and a snipit there is not helping because we
don't know where else you may be screwing up that we cannot see.

It seems you're committing many faux pas with not only your coding
style but also your coding practices. I've seen overuse of globals and
bad styles and on and on. So post the entire code so myself and others
can go through this mess and get it sorted out. If you keep on with
your bad habits you're never going to become proficient with Python.

I am sorry if this post seems condescending because that is not the
case.