Trying to set a cookie within a python script

Νίκος nikos.the.gr33k at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 02:03:18 EDT 2010

>On 2 Αύγ, 23:57, Thomas Jollans <thomas at jollans.com> wrote:

> So: tripple-check that
>
>  * your file is <insert encoding here (aka UTF-8)>
>  * Python knows that
>  * the web browser knows that

Thank you! i used print ''' Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 /
n''' and it worked.
I'am still pretty confused about the encodings.

Please tell me the difference between 3 things.

a) Asking Notepad++(my editor) to save all my python scripts as UTF-8
without BOM.
b) Using this line '# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-' Isn't this line supposed
to tell browser that the contents of this python script as in UTF-8
and to handle it as such?
c) print ''' Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 /n'''

Please explain to me as simple as you can because from the time with
php and perl encodings not only gave me a hard time but also caused my
program to produce internal server errors so i need to understand the
differences.

=========================
Also in the other problem with the cookie iam trying to set:
=========================
if os.environ.get('HTTP_COOKIE') and cookie.has_key('visitor') ==
'nikos':		#if visitor cookie exist
	print "Next time i will count you"
	cookie['visitor'] = ( 'nikos', time() - 1 )		#this cookie will expire
now
else:
	print "I wont be counting you any more"
	cookie['visitor'] = ( 'nikos', time() + 60*60*24*365 )		#this cookie
will expire in an year

Why always the code block pertainign to 'else' get exectuted ane never
the code of 'if'
The idea is who ever runs 'koukos.py' to set/unset himself out of the
counter count so i need i way to set/unset the browser cookie!

Thanks you!