please, help with python 3.1

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Tue Aug 3 03:28:04 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alan <alanwilter at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:25 AM
Subject: Re: please, help with python 3.1
To: Chris Rebert <clp2 at rebertia.com>

Sorry,
I will explain. I am using for a task 'find /' expecting this to last
longer, usually much longer than 5 sec.
If you run the code I sent in python 2.6, it will stop after 5 sec and
print messages.
If you run the same code in python3 (and if your task last more than 5
sec as expected, otherwise replace "cmd = 'find /'" with something
suitable), python3 alarm doesn't work and the job is not stopped after
5 sec, taking minutes to finish.
I hope it may help you to help me.
Thanks,
Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.