Global variables problem

Matteo Landi landimatte at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 04:18:06 EDT 2010

Usually, modify global variables in a multi-thread/multi-process
scenario is not the right to operate: you better re-implement your
solution in a way that the shared resource is either protected with
synchronized objects or accessed by a single thread/process (and in
this case,  it won't be a shared resource anymore).

Think about the the needs of the shared resources: in this extremely
simple example, you can see that the increment of the session number
could be done by the server before spawning the child, but obviously
this is not a real scenario.

If you can't give up with shared resources, I recommend you to create
a synchronized object owned by the server but shared with the children
(take a look at the args keywords of the Process constructor).

Regards.

Matteo Landi
http://www.matteolandi.net/